SEEKING USER INTERFACE DESIGNER, AUSTIN, DIRECT HIRE
We are currently looking for an experienced UI Designer who can work closely with the engineering team to create polished, enterprise-level Web, desktop and mobile software applications for a diverse client base. This individual will interact directly with clients to implement and design software products. This person should understand best practices for usability, standards compliant code and how to deliver engaging user experiences.
Daily tasks will include but not be limited to: Creating prototypes, designing Photoshop comps, gathering software requirements, coding HTML templates and more.
• 3+ years designing user interfaces for Web, desktop and mobile applications, preferably in a team environment
• Understanding of design patterns and best practices for creating accessible, easy to use and enjoyable user experiences
• A history of taking ownership of projects and interacting with clients
• Strong foundation in design principles such as layout, typography and color
• Knowledge of industry history and trends
• A hacker mentality
• BA/BFA in Design, Communications or related area
• Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Flash and InDesign
• Strong communication skills
• Prototyping and wireframing
• Wordpess or other CMS theming
• Information Architecture and content strategy
• Ability to work in the Microsoft .NET environment – Visual Studio, SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC
• Copywriting, SEO, marketing
Salary is $50-80k depending on experience. Company offers a full benefit package. Please send resumes and referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do pay a $500 referral bonus!
Please join me on Linked in - http://www.linkedin.com/in/trishmcgarrell2008