WEN Austin: Jackie Pomeroy - Fun After Fifty
World Entrepreneurs Network
Locally Organized, Globally Connected
Greater Austin WEN Community – formerly Wilco Entrepreneurs Network
Alliance of Texans Building Businesses - Passion, Plan, Perform!
This Week’s Topic: Banter of Fun After Fifty by Jackie Pomeroy
The idea of a banter is for an entrepreneur to present their idea or business plan or business situation to the group. Then have questions about how to proceed or improve something related to the business. The group then acts as an impromptu advisory board asking more questions and offering their thoughts back to the entrepreneur/owner to help the company consider new possibilities and solutions for its needs.
• Cedar Park Rec Center, 1435 Main Street, Cedar Park TX 78613 | San Gabriel meeting room
• Drive around to back of building, enter through double doors, first room on your right, or follow sidewalk left of main entrance to last set of doors.
Date/Time: Tues, July 17 @ 6:30 PM
• 6:30 - Welcome, introductions, announcements, possible speakers, calendar for meetings
• 7:00 – 8:30 Business Review/Discussion
• The Business: A blog that caters to people approaching or past the age of 50.
• The Passion: To ensure that persons approaching 50 years of age or older are thriving rather than just surviving.
• Company Name: http://www.funafterfifty.com
• Title of Banter: What Do I Do Next?
• Background: Started this adventure at the end of April 2012. Bootstrapping the business.
• Things I already have:
• Domain names
• Things I think I need:
• Signs, decals or a car wrap
Landing page to collect “the list”
Database to store “the list”
Newsletter to send to “the list”
Direction and guidance on next steps
• How can I make sure this is a quality service?
• How do I drive mega-traffic to site?
• Because this will be a full-time effort, how do I get compensated for my time?
• What else haven’t I thought of?
• 8:30 – 9:00 Your one question / Your need / Networking
Cost: Free Please RSVP at: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=s5pwbcjab&oeidk=a07...
Membership: Open to the public – show up to listen or participate
I’m a “just do it” kind of girl. Plan a little and then put some action behind it. Shake things up and see what happens. Have a contingency plan, but take some risks. Only been in Austin for one year. Have a broad background in IT, sales, analysis, forecasting, training, etc. Can and have worn many different hats. My friends call me the “chameleon” because of my ability to adapt and fit in to so many different situations.
• Register FREE at http://www.wenbiz.org/register
• Join our LinkedIn Group: World Entrepreneurs Network
• Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/World-Entrepreneurs-Network/188278167946590
• Follow us on Twitter @WorldEntNetwork
Affiliate Entrepreneur Group for:
Hill Country Bible Church, Round Rock 50 Plus, Launch Pad Job Club
• Founder/Facilitator: Robert Felps, email@example.com, 512-695-4621
• Facilitator/CIO: Clint Eschberger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-299-0571
• Facilitator/Kibitzer: Mary Hengstebeck, email@example.com, 512-983-7009
• Facilitator/Admin: Bronwyn Kutsch, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-851-3184
• Facilitator: Glenn Williams, email@example.com, 512-413-2169