Sr. Network Security Engineer
-Provide day-to-day L2/L3 support for the networking and security infrastructure, including on-call support.
-Provide technical expertise to L1/L2 engineers.
-Act as L2/L3 trouble-shooter, and take direct involvement in resolution of outages in coordination with other groups
-Responsible for engineering and implementation
-Responsible for documentation of solutions
-Responsible for training of Operations team and other L3 engineers
-Responsible for driving network-related maintenance activities
-Develop into a network and security subject matter expert, and provide technical leadership for others within the network engineering team
-Provide network engineering skills and support for more difficult network projects and issues
This position requires the ability to quickly triage network and security issues and bring them to resolution by assessing staff inputs, and creatively implementing workarounds or alternative methods.
You will cover L3 support for all network and security infrastructure related issues. You will provide guidance to L1/L2 support engineers and on-call support for break-fix issues.
You will work with Security and Risk Management, Compliance, and Network Engineering teams to establish a network security policy for corporate and online network environments.
In addition to support, maintenance and/or troubleshooting various technologies and issues, you may be required to complete small/large projects. You may also be involved in R&D situations and work with Architects to develop solutions to complex engineering problems.
You will create and maintain network and security infrastructure documentation and ensure compliance with all change management processes and procedures.
Must be able work and communicate effectively with the network support team, network operations center and change management and production control teams.
Network engineering also implements and supports Internet security based tools, practices and policies. You will provide secure network technology solutions to all facets of the business. Specifically, this role will have additional focus on network security devices and concepts like firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, and WAF.
- BS in an Engineering field – Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- Minimum 5-7 years network engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, subnets, routing, QoS, access control lists, firewalls and network traffic analysis.
- Management and configuration of various network routers, switches and firewalls:
- Cisco routers: 76xx, 72xx, ISR G1, ISR G2, ASR 1K, ASR 9K, GSR routers
- Cisco switches: 65xx, 3560, 3750, 2960, 4948, 4500, 4900M, Nexus 7K/5K/2K
- Cisco firewalls: ASA 5585, ASA 5580, ASA 5550, ASA 5520, FWSM
- Juniper routers/firewalls: SRX650, SRX240, SRX210
- Checkpoint firewalls
- Management and configuration of load balancers – Citrix Netscaler, Cisco CSM
- Working with MPLS and Internet service providers to isolate problems
- IPSEC site-to-site VPNs, remote access client VPN (Cisco), NAT
- OSPF and BGP routing protocols, static routes, route redistribution
- VLANs, STP, Etherchannel, HSRP, VRRP
- Knowledge of security concepts and technologies – Stateful packet filtering, access lists, WAF, IDS, IDP, DDOS and other risk mitigation strategies
- PCI and SOX compliance requirements
- Network device hardening best practices
- Authentication services – TACACS+, Radius, SecurID
- SNMP based (and other) network management: Cacti, CA eHealth, Smokeping, Rancid
- Troubleshooting tools – tcpdump, Wireshark, iperf, iptraf, ping, traceroute, mtr
- Some Linux scripting
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex and dynamic environment
- CCNA or CCNP, plus Cisco Security specialist certifications preferred
- JNCIA or JNCIS-SEC preferred
- CISSP preferred
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.