Embedded Systems Software Lead
As a Software Lead in the Embedded Systems Group, you will guide a team to create best-in-class embedded development tools, operating system support, other run-time solutions, and a scalable, sustainable infrastructure to support a large base of customers and 3rd-party software partners. You will create a vision for the future of our software tools and infrastructure for our Embedded Processor offerings especially in the area of Linux and other operating systems. You will be a bridge between developers, project managers, and business experts. You will be the technical lead in the architecture, design, implementation and productization of various embedded products keeping customer usability and experience clearly in focus during all stages of development. You will also interact frequently with other groups in R&D, IC Design, Marketing, and Applications in developing the software that is used in our embedded processors. The position is ideal for someone with proven knowledge of embedded software and a history of leading successful projects in an embedded tools company and/or OS company or in a semiconductor company focused on embedded systems, and is able to do hands-on development as well as serve as the lead technical person for embedded software and tools. The ideal candidate should also enjoy working closely with code and colleagues alike. Creativity and willingness to blur the hardware/software boundary are important attributes for the ideal candidate.
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
· BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
· Expert in object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms.
· Extensive experience with large code bases in C, C++, and/or Java.
· Experience in writing software used for ASIC or SoC development.
· Extensive knowledge of embedded tools environment including GNU tool chain and other open source software, Linux and other operating systems, building the Linux Kernel, and developing for Linux and other operating systems.
· Outstanding skills in rapidly architecting and developing scalable, robust tools and applications.
· Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills, team leadership, mentoring, and entrepreneurship.
Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) is the pioneer of programmable logic solutions, enabling system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate, and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, CPLDs, and ASICs in combination with software tools, intellectual property, embedded processors and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions to over 13,000 customers worldwide. Altera was founded in 1983 and had annual revenues in 2010 of US$1.95 billion. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs approximately 2,600 people in 19 countries.