SQL Implementation Engineer
Reporting to an Implementations Delivery Manager and working closely with a Project Manager, the SQL Implementation Engineer will be responsible for implementing Q2’s Ebanking Solutions in order to align with the business requirements of our customers. You will be exposed to a highly customizable product on multiple platforms that are configured/engineered differently for each customer. The preferred candidate will be an exceptionally detail-oriented, energetic self-starter who can work independently and in a group setting. This work is performed out of our Implementations Solution Center in Austin and does not require travel.
- Partner with clients to understand business requirements and then configuring the applications to provide the desired UI, functionality and 3rd party interfaces.
- Problem solve routine to complex issues
- Work closely with other teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Provide Level 2 and 3 support to other team members and during the testing process
- Create and implement tools that increase quality, security and productivity
- Track status and provide updates in relation to overall implementation process
- Work closely with development to ensure client satisfaction
- Manage customer expectations
- Core Competencies
- Strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and analytical skills for problem solving
- Attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- A relentlessly positive disposition
- Excellent people and teamwork skills
- The ability to remain calm, diplomatic, and cooperative under stressful conditions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technical Skills
- Strong MS SQL skills: Understanding of DB Design and TSQL query language as related to Enterprise software configuration, installation and debugging.
- Operation System, Hardware configuration and Network troubleshooting skills required with packet analysis valued.
- Configuration and deployment experience with Web Services preferred
- Some knowledge of HTML will be helpful but not required
- Data migration experience a plus
- VMware experience not required, but very valuable
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages very helpful
- Industry/Work Experience
- 2-5 years previous work experience in similar role
- Financial Services experience a plus
- Enterprise Software experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.