The Statistical Engineer will oversee experimental design, data collection and analysis, and manage the PV factory SPC program. Responsibilities will include:
• Collaboration with internal engineering and development groups on the appropriate experimental design for both process and equipment optimization that reduces experimental time and enhances discovery reliability.
• Implementation and optimization of data collection, processing, and analytical methods throughout the company.
• Creation and oversight of a rigorous SPC system for all PV factory processes including the routine reporting of performance to goal.
• Development of a training system for all factory employees with wide ranging topics from fundamental SPC practices to advanced statistical experimental design.
The successful candidate will have previous experience with managing statistical processes and procedures in a high volume manufacturing facility
• BS degree or higher in Mathematics or related field; may accept BS in Engineering, Science, or related field with additional work experience
• Expert level data analysis and use of tools (JMP / SAS)
• 5 years directly related work in a field such as PV or semiconductor manufacturing
• Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Green Belt / Black Belt designations will be considered a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook
HelioVolt Corporation is a manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar modules for the commercial rooftop and utility markets. The company's rapid manufacturing process produces high-efficiency modules at low-cost, uniquely positioning the company to compete in the global solar market.
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=HELIOVOLT&cws=1...