Solutions Support Engineer
In a world where the digital revolution is increasingly transforming our lives, Gemalto’s end-to-end security solutions are designed to make personal digital interactions more convenient, safe and enjoyable. Our activities range from the development of software applications through the design and production of secure personal devices such as smart cards, SIMs, e-passports and tokens, to the deployment of managed services for our customers.
More than 1 billion people worldwide use our products and services for telecommunications, financial services, e-government, identity and access management, multimedia content, digital rights management, IT security, mass transit and many other applications. As the use of Gemalto’s software and secure devices increases with the number of people interacting in the digital and wireless world, the company is poised to thrive over the coming years.
We are now seeking a Solution Support Engineer to join our amazing team in Austin, Texas. This is an opportunity to work with a global industry leader and to be able to perform a variety of functions.
In this role you will provide:
- Customer Support for Java-based telecom server software products
- POSIX (Linux/Sun/HP) Server and hardware administration
- Support for Oracle databases
- PL/SQL tools and statistics scripting
- Network administration – Unix/Linux admin skills (SSH, SFTP, VI)
- SNMP monitoring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Telecom Engineering
- Experience in PL/SQL scripting and Oracle database administration
- Experience with web-based technologies (HTTP, XML, SOAP)
- Java Programming or Quality Assurance experience
- POSIX system administration (Linux/Sun/Solaris/HP)
Additional experience is a plus in the following areas:
- Smart cards (SIM, UICC, etc)
- Wireless (OTA) server technology
- SMPP (Short Message Point-to-Point experience)
- Veritas Storage Foundation Or clustering software
- Apache, Tomcat
- Sun Management Center (SMC)
- Cisco IOS
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.