Software Engineer - Python
All candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of designing and writing excellent code and be prepared to bring code samples for discussion. An ideal candidate will have experience with high-performance, high-scale web applications; test driven development, and web technologies like JSON, HTTP, HTML, and REST.
- Write, Unit test, debug, and troubleshoot critical online software applications
- Work on a small team of highly motivated programmers and testers to develop and iterate software components
- Work with a product organization to help define features that will aid the business goals of Demand Media
- Develop new, and modify existing functionality to fulfill feature requirements
- Work to improve the efficiency and functionality of existing software solutions
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into new systems and products.
- 3 – 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong experience in C# or Python is preferred, but a solid background in other languages (Java, Ruby) may transfer.
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Some experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience in a Web application development environment strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in BSCS or relevant experience commensurate to a bachelor’s.
Every day Demand Media makes it possible for people to create and publish valuable content for millions of Internet users to engage around passionate communities, and for thousands of websites to grow with social media features their audiences want. Join the company that is redefining the social media landscape! As a member of the Demand Media family, you can build a career, learn and demonstrate leadership, join a group of motivated and intelligent individuals and collaborate with some of the most revolutionary leaders in the social media industry.
Demand Media employees are energized by their ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible environment where their decisions can have a positive effect on the company’s bottom line! Our employees enjoy a diverse environment with infinite opportunity. Why wait? At Demand Media, it’s not just a job. It’s a community that makes it possible.
We’re looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of developing technology and the social media evolution. This position is located in Austin, TX.