The R&D department at Demand Media is seeking a R&D Assistant to join their unique team. As a R&D Assistant, you will provide support for a variety of content-driven test initiatives within the company. This position requires someone with both creativity and mental brainpower. The role largely involves data mining, testing, analyzing, and working with the team to plan how to scale the roll out of new products and projects. Day to day tasks will include delving into web and consumer analytics, following social media and technology trends, drawing conclusions from our performance data, and compiling and writing analytic results.
An ideal candidate is someone that will do what it takes to get the details right. This person will need to meet deadlines while moving fluidly from one project to another. Past projects have included marketing, data research, spreadsheet management, and development of IPad, IPhone, and Android applications. As a team member of R&D, this person will have exposure to latest technologies while working with a cutting edge company.
• Track metrics for on-going projects
• Plan and organize data collection for new projects
• Research for early-project planning
• Creatively move through obstacles and present multiple solutions
• Support team’s multiple deadlines as needed
• Deep familiarity with the internet
• Ability to work in a small group setting with minimal direction
• Ability to work at a fast pace on ever-changing projects
• Must be highly-motivated, a quick learner, and able to handle multiple tasks at once
• Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Familiarity with formulas and functions in Excel (medium-expert level preferred)
• Basic understanding of SEO and search engines
• Strong writing skills
• Familiarity with the internet as a research tool
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.