Mobile Application Developer
Responsible for providing design and development leadership in delivering mobile solutions across various platforms including the iOS, Android and others. Establish and drive our mobile framework, and deployment/provisioning methodology. This position manages the end-to-end responsibilities for developing and maintaining a quality technology solution. This position will be required to work with the other members of the technology community to explore and set our technical strategy. The developer will have a high level of interaction with both business and technical resources.
* Works with Business Development and Project Management to understand end-users’ and external customers’ requirements to be included in the system design, and to create the engineering tasks.
* Transform ideas, high-level business requirements, strategies, market trends, development standards and best practices into innovative mobile solutions for iOS and Android devices.
* Design and develop detailed system design and programming of mobile applications for audio & video communications according to consumer requirements.
* Perform testing and de-bugging of applications across mobile device platforms
* Implements design standards and documents requirements, codes, and test results using a structured methodology such as Systems Development Life Cycle. Assists in creating application coding standards and best practices for mobile app technology within CSD.
* Leads communication with various project stakeholders to clarify requirements, communicate testing plans, completion dates, and expected outcomes.
* Supports and manages Android and iOS mobile applications developed in-house and outsourced.
* Research upcoming technologies and development patterns
* Make recommendations for design or function changes to enhance the product functionality
* Collaborate with business and cross-functional team members as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Experience with media streaming, including H.264 and WebM
* Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driving environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to pickup new technologies, solve complex technical problems and multitask between different projects
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
* Experience with mobile e-commerce
* Understanding of adherence to open standards technology utilizing HTML5 and LAMP
* Ability to effectively communicate in American Sign Language preferred but not required
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* Minimum of 5 years mobile application development experience from initial design through application launch.
Founded in 1975, Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD) began as a one-man operation that provided sign language interpreting services and strived for communication accessibility for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Today, CSD is a private, non-profit organization with international reach and nearly 2,000 employees, providing a wide array of services that continue to enhance the quality of life for deaf and hard of hearing people and individuals with speech disabilities. Services that CSD currently offers include Telecommunications and Caption Relay services, Contact Center services, Video Remote Interpreting and Community Based Interpreting services as well as a number of Community Based Human Service programs. For more information about our organization, visit www.c-s-d.org.