Software Development Lead
The Software Development Lead will be an active hands-on architect and developer, and will provide management for 2-8 individuals. Additionally, this position is responsible for collaboration between the software development team and other functional teams, including creative/graphic design, marketing, sales, and enterprise services (network, communications, and systems administration). Projects under development are mission critical, and provide services to both the general public and multiple business clients.
* Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
* Responsible for development of new programs, analyzes current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
* Writes, edits, and debugs new computer programs for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output.
* Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.T
* Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate; assists lower-level programmers with programming assignments.
* Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
* Responsible for utilizing tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming including measuring instruments.
* Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
* Participate and collaborate in concept development and design meetings with stakeholders, and the development team to help define an effective and creative strategy.
* Ensure that designed solutions, services and processes follow corporate standards and guidelinesProvide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
* Provide feedback to analysis/training staff about performance considerations / usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
* Oversee the software development schedules and productivity, informing project manager of updates frequently.
* Provide daily employee supervision, performance management, development, coaching and corrective action, if necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Enthusiasm for contributing to solutions that have positive social value
* Participation in free/open source software projects
* Knowledge of CMS, ECM and BPM solutions, including Alfresco and related technologies
* Knowledge of digital communication technologies, including VoIP, video and text-base interactive solutionsKnowledge of mobile applications development
* Experience with design and development of e-commerce solutions
* Experience working with HIPAA, PCI DSS and other privacy/security considerations
* Familiar with the principles, culture and methodologies associated with free software and open source software projects
* Source code management and release management experience preferred
* Experience with network and application security
* Collaboration with creative/graphic design, marketing, and sales teams
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate in American Sign Language preferred but not required
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
* Minimum of 7 years technical development experience.
* Experience with managing software development teams, including teams with remote/distributed participants
* Experience in web application architecture, enterprise architecture, systems integration, and package implementation
* Technical expertise in open standards software environment, including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl)
* Implementation of streaming media in HTML5, including WebM and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
* Adept with systems administration in mixed enterprise environment comprised of Linux, OS X and Windows systems
Founded in 1975, Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD) began as a one-man operation that provided sign language interpreting services and strived for communication accessibility for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Today, CSD is a private, non-profit organization with international reach and nearly 2,000 employees, providing a wide array of services that continue to enhance the quality of life for deaf and hard of hearing people and individuals with speech disabilities. Services that CSD currently offers include Telecommunications and Caption Relay services, Contact Center services, Video Remote Interpreting and Community Based Interpreting services as well as a number of Community Based Human Service programs. For more information about our organization, visit www.c-s-d.org.