This position is responsible for independently performing project management responsibilities for information systems development and support efforts. This position will be managing projects with distributed team members. Their responsibilities include resource allocation, all phases of a development life cycle, i.e., feasibility study, requirements, analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation planning. They also manage the relationships with customer management as directed by the CTO. Project Managers ensure system quality and conformance to standards.
Coordinates and directs the activities of consultants as directed on a project team which performs the traditional functions of systems analysis, design and program development in the implementation of business-information systems. Exchanges ideas, information and opinions with the project stakeholders to arrive at decisions, conclusions, solutions, or solve disputes. Is a company-wide recognized expert and leader
* Serve as primary liaison to business customers and provide recommendations for improved system processes. Develop deliverables related to project initiation including feasibility studies, risk assessment, project initiation reports, staffing, project organization outline, and standards and control procedures.
* Monitor project progress, deliverables, quality assurance, and customer service. Report status to client and identify and resolve risks that impact project completion. Manage time and budget for the client, initiate action to identify and resolve problems, and ensure goals are met. Coordinates planning, development, testing, documentation, and installation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
* Adjusts resources as necessary to ensure project success and completion. Provide work direction and feedback to all team members and assist them in issue resolution. Provide guidance to team members on administrative and technical problems. Providing customer service to client by developing team behaviors and empowering team members to plan and execute work. Assist in staffing activities related to project.
* Develop new processes as necessary to ensure mission critical systems are completed; provide expertise in identifying appropriate methodologies for large-scale development efforts.
* Leads or participates in business process redesign teams.
* Prepares and delivers formal presentations to colleagues and management. Shares “best practices” for account management staff development and technical expertise.
* Provides leadership to the project team toward the attainment of high quality systems, making sure systems are consistent with standards and operating procedures. Consults on other large projects and is viewed as a resource assigned to the company’s most critical efforts.
* Communicates with Sales and Marketing regarding re-engagements, potential new opportunities, and successful projects.
* Through formal and informal training, continues development of personal and professional skills. Establishes and participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of social, economic and other trends that may affect the business or direction of the Company’s initiatives, policies and programs.
* Maintain a team environment with other departments.
* Maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Project Managers must have a proven track record leading large, successful projects. They must have the ability to maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders and customers.
* Knowledge of release control methodology, such as ITILPossessing excellent skills in judgment, leadership, and communication are a must.
* Working knowledge of hardware/software technologies used within application area, including mainframe and PC platforms, programming languages, database technologies, and network telecommunications protocols are a requirement.
* This employee must exhibit creativity and innovation in system solutions and broadly focused and able to manage multiple efforts concurrently.
* Strong financial, economic and analytical capabilities combined with solid strategic thinking, an eye for detail, and visionary business skills are key requirements.
* Ability to effectively communicate in American Sign Language is preferred but not required.
* Experience in serving customer segments with unique or specialized needs, such as Blind, Visually Impaired, Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Speech Impaired populations is highly beneficial but not required.
* Experience in dealing with high level customers.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related area of study is required.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
* An advanced degree desirable tools and familiarity with standard software development tools are preferred.
* A minimum of five (5) years experience in a business analyst, project management, or information technology role in a complex business and systems environment, along with experience with technical alternatives and basic knowledge of emerging technologies is required.
* Experience in designing and implementing a Project Management Office (PMO), including definition of best practices.
Founded in 1975, Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD) began as a one-man operation that provided sign language interpreting services and strived for communication accessibility for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Today, CSD is a private, non-profit organization with international reach and nearly 2,000 employees, providing a wide array of services that continue to enhance the quality of life for deaf and hard of hearing people and individuals with speech disabilities. Services that CSD currently offers include Telecommunications and Caption Relay services, Contact Center services, Video Remote Interpreting and Community Based Interpreting services as well as a number of Community Based Human Service programs. For more information about our organization, visit www.c-s-d.org.