Sr Software Product Manager - End-User Computing Planning
Dell’s End User Computing software group is chartered with delivering software solutions that enable and differentiate all of Dell’s client computing devices. The software group is building on Dell’s capabilities to provide greater innovation and create a more competitive position in delivering end-to-end solutions.
As a Product Marketing Manager in the software group, you will analyze software opportunities for Dell’s End User Computing business. You will develop a deep understanding of customer needs, competitive offerings and market trends, develop a monetization strategy and business case, and ultimately define requirements for software solutions which drive increased revenues and margins for Dell.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in driving market-proven software solutions through all phases of the software product planning cycle including concept, definition and product requirements. This position will be both internal and external facing and will require customer and partner interaction.
Specific experience creating category-leading software solutions is a critical attribute of the candidate’s background.
A successful candidate must have the following qualifications/experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in software or technology product management
- Proven ability to define and execute complex business plans
- Track record of success working with cross functional teams to influence product direction
- Direct experience working with customers to understand pain points and translating findings into product requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication ability at all levels of the organization
The following qualifications/experience is strongly desired:
- Recognized as an expert in a specific software or technology discipline
- Experience with software ecosystems, virtualization technologies, software security, licensing, or operating systems
- Direct experience in software development
- Experience in software services
- MBA or advanced degree