Product Marketing Manager, Security Software
As the way we work is being redefined in a connected age where information is no longer confined to a company provided device, secure network or physical location, the need for protection is ever increasing. As threats evolve and compliance requirements increase businesses are facing an ever complex challenge.
As part of Dell’s transformation to an enterprise solution provider Dell is investing in solution areas customers value the most. The Security Software team, part Dell’s End User Computing Group, is doing just that by designing, developing and growing a new portfolio of end user and cloud data protection products. The Dell Data Protection (DDP) portfolio has been in the market for over a year with strong customer adoption. Product Marketing Manager position on this team will be focused on growing existing business through market expansion and new product additions to this critical product portfolio.
Product Marketing Manager will synthesize and validate a long-term product roadmap. Develop and communicate a detailed value proposition, business case and go-to-market strategy. Conceive and validate entirely new products and solutions, champion new product and new business opportunities, gaining buy-in and resource commitment.
Successful candidate will have previous experience in driving market-proven software solutions through all phases of the software product planning cycle including concept, definition and product requirements. This position will be both internal and external facing and will require customer and partner interaction.
· Must have at least 5 years of software product marketing experience, preferably in enterprise software
· Experience in security, data protection, identity management, enterprise applications, mobile or cloud security strongly preferred
· Demonstrated ability to learn new and complex technologies so that concepts can be communicated at all levels of the organization
· Experience with market sizing, segmentation and competitive intelligence
· Experience working with customers to understand requirements, position solutions and develop differentiated offerings and GTM plans
· Proven leadership skills
· Excellent track record of performance against goals
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills
· MBA or consulting experience preferred