MicroFocus COBOL Developer
Allied Consultants, Inc. is an Austin-based firm which has for 20 years been a premier provider of technical and business professionals to clients in Texas. We are currently seeking an experienced MicroFocus COBOL Developer to be a key resource on a technical services team.
We are seeking an experienced Microfocus Developer for a long term engagement in Northwest Austin. You will be working with a team of consultants who are maintaining a large health care information system for a large Texas government client. The client is responsible for providing health care services to families who meet the requirements of State Administered health care program.
This project will require the developer to make modifications and maintain a drug claims processing system. This system performs batch processing of claims transactions, as well as supporting a GUI and Online Transaction Processing System. The front end is developed in Java, BEA Weblogics and Oracle. The core application was developed in IBM mainframe environment and ported to the Linux environment. Prior experience creating batch job streams using job control language and development of applications in a mainframe environment is preferred.
The candidate will begin upon acceptance by the client and passing required background check. This project will last through August 2012 with extensions likely.
• 3 years development using MicroFocus COBOL
• 3 years development in a Linux environment
• 3 years development using Oracle Database
• Prefer experience in the development of batch job streams in IBM OS 390 environment using job control language (JCL)
• Prefer experience developing interfaces into OLTP and GUI based applications
• Health care claims processing experience a plus