Senior C#/.NET Software Engineer
At Farm Credit Bank of Texas we are seeking a driven, detail-oriented Senior C# / .NET Software Engineer to design, develop, and maintain multiple Windows and Web-based applications. This is an excellent opportunity for a well-rounded developer to work on integration efforts within data warehousing, CRM, loan origination systems, and SharePoint for enterprise content management.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Farm Credit Bank of Texas is a $14 billion wholesale bank that provides funding and services to rural lending institutions in five states and is active in the capital markets. Established in 1916, the cooperatively owned bank is part of the Farm Credit System, the nation’s largest source of financing for agriculture and rural America.
Farm Credit Bank of Texas has been selected one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” in 2011 and 2012.
- Lead the design and development of custom .NET applications and components and SQL database environments in support of enterprise software and other internal systems.
- Contribute to the development of systems designs and create functional specifications.
- Mentor project members toward success in product design.
- Implement and perform Unit Tests. Implement functional / load / integration tests as needed.
- Integrate 3rd party applications.
- Ensure proper software design for scalability, robustness, maintainability, and integration with other components and systems.
- Deliver software while complying with the full project life cycle methodology.
- Document solutions and proofs of concept, along with ability to provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, EE, CE or other related field.
- Expert skills in Object Oriented Programming, with demonstrated knowledge of Design and Service Patterns.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing Windows and Web-based applications using C# and ASP .NET (3.5, 4.0).
- 2 years of experience with WCF or other Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, etc.).
- Strong background with SQL Server 2005 /2008 /R2.
- Experience with building messaging middle tier systems
- Excellent understanding of data access layers including ADO.NET and LINQ to SQL
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Team Foundation System, SOA concepts, RESTful services, XML, XSL, and serialization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of documenting solutions and proofs of concept, along with ability to provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvements.
- Experience working in a Regulated Environment (Banking, Finance, etc.)
Familiarity with Microsoft Solutions Framework.
Farm Credit Bank of Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.