Systems Security Analyst
Based in Houston, TX, Alert Logic is continuing to grow and is seeking to hire a System Security Analyst to be responsible for providing log review services to our customers by analyzing the security, operational, and functional events within the customer's organization.
Alert Logic sits at the nexus of two of the hottest trends in IT: the adoption of cloud technologies and increased security and compliance requirements driven by an increasingly connected world. In a typical month, Alert Logic processes over 100 million security events and store petabytes of data for over 1,300 enterprise customers. We are an established company with a history of almost 10 years, yet maintain a pace, energy and agility that allows us to advance our offerings and technology and preserve a startup-like culture. Our revenues are strong. Our customer base is growing rapidly. Everything is in place except one thing: you.
- Provide technical support for multiple Alert Logic customers by analyzing and reviewing logs and reporting on any abnormalities to security, operational or functional events within our customers’ network systems
- Escalating technical or security related issues and communicating the significance of these issues to our customers in a timely fashion
- 1-2 years of experience with Windows Desktop troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Windows client software installation, integration and configuration
- Hands on experience working with Windows based server architectures with regards to installation and configuration
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols and routing
- Experience working with Linux/Unix
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented individuals that work well in a team environment and have a hunger to learn
- Experience with MS SQL Server and/or MySQL database systems
- Experience with PCI, HIPAA and/or SOX compliance issues
- Security Information / Event Management solution experience