Programmer/Test Engineer – Austin, TX
CONTRACT - AUSTIN, TX – PROGRAMMER/TEST ENGINEER
Location: Austin, TX - 78758
We are looking for a Programmer/test engineer with very strong scripting abilities. The candidate should be an expert in one or all of the following: Perl, Python, or Ruby.
• Maintain and enhance existing test automation systems for software library testing
• Create automation systems for new libraries
• Understand alternative automation systems available and migrate current testing to these systems
• Create and execute test plans for a SW library that performs math functions to ensure functionality, accuracy and performance
• Create applications and scripts that exercise the APIs and running them across a variety of platforms and operating systems
• Ability to write and execute test plans a plus - specifically for software libraries and APIs
Job Requirements and Skills:
• Good working knowledge of at least 1 scripting language
• Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux
• Experience w/ test automation
• Experience in performance testing a plus
• Knowledge of numerical problems a plus(e.g. Fast Fourier Transforms)
• PC platform configuration, imaging and cloning
• Good writing and oral communication skills
• Some web app programming a plus (front-end to test system)
**WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TRANSFERRING H1 B VISAS**
If you are interested in this position please contact me by sending your resume to 2557-MH1227@apply.maxhire.net . Please also include a desired pay rate, and a good time to call for a quick screening interview.
You may also register for this job at http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55F6F361D43717B7E53182E77561B6F03627F
PLEASE NOTE: No H1B or Corp-to-Corp for this requisition.
Be sure to visit www.itcareerlink.com for other opportunities!