OnRamp is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer. We are interested in working with energetic, self-starters who can drive multiple consultative sales cycles. The role is focused primarily on building relationships and consultatively selling how OnRamp’s service offerings, technologies, systems, and processes are well suited to the individual needs of each customer. The Sales Engineer is the nexus point between OnRamp Engineering and Sales in building solutions for potential customers. Once introduced into a sales cycle, the Sales Engineer is the primary contact point for all advanced technical questions about Onramp’s services, infrastructure, onboarding process, and product roadmap.
Qualified candidates must have previous sales engineering experience, exceptional communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a focus on process improvement as we continue to build OnRamp’ technical sales engine. An in-depth understanding of enterprise servers and computing equipment and/or Data Center operations is important, as well as a demonstrated desire and ability to quickly learn OnRamp’s data center services and solutions.
• Support OnRamp’s outbound team in consultatively selling new prospects on the technical components of OnRamp’s data center services.
• Support OnRamp’s account management team in consultatively advising existing customers on the ways they can be more effectively working and growing with OnRamp
• Lead all vertical related onboarding processes to the extent they require specific activities like Risk Assessments and the development of a Risk Management Plan
• Drive the development and implementation of key sales cycle processes
• Drive standardization in OnRamp’s hardware procurement and pricing processes
• Become a key voice in management-led product development and tech strategy conversations
• Network within the Austin and central Texas community to build relationships and brand awareness for OnRamp
• Meet or exceed quarterly quota for new business activity for the reps you are supporting
• Track and report all sales activity on a weekly basis
• 5-10 years of experience in sales or a technical role; 2-3 years of experience in sales engineering role specifically for a company in data center services, managed hosting, or a related industry
• Genuine enthusiasm for developing sales and delivering superior customer service
• Strong background in technology and/or demonstrated desire and ability to learn the fundamentals of data center technology, including certifications in relevant products and technologies
• Exceptional communication skills (phone, email, face-to-face) with the ability to drive consultative sales cycles
• Willingness to work as part of a team and independently
• Willingness to go above and beyond the “regular” or pre-defined job description and hours
• Bachelor’s degree required
Definition of Success in First Six Months:
• Clearly articulated understanding of data center technology, OnRamp’s services, and OnRamp’s value proposition and key vertical specific onboarding processes and knowledge
• Initial progress on the implementation of key process flows within the sales cycle including:
o Build out of more standardized managed services offerings or “product catalogs”
o Development of a more efficient hardware sourcing process and repeatable engine
• Strong relationships built throughout the organization
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
OnRamp is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, private cloud computing and disaster recovery services. More than just a data center company built on redundant, best-in-class equipment and advanced security, OnRamp is focused on providing Full7Layer support from experienced engineers, with knowledge all the way up through the application layer. At OnRamp we pride ourselves on the depth and breadth of our capabilities, our reputation for providing world-class solutions, and our exceptional customer service.
OnRamp is a fast growing company, and this position will provide ample opportunity to grow, be challenged, and have an impact as the company grows. OnRamp is also a true Austin-based company and employees enjoy flexible work