This is an exciting opportunity to join our Engineering team in Austin, TX and build products that will be deployed around the world solving critical problems -- not another social app to share funny kitten pictures. We are looking for an engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, modification, implementation and testing of real-time software applications. You will also participate in the testing process by performing unit and system level testing of applications, test result analysis and certification of software.
You will need to rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and tasks. Must be able to work independently under general supervision to perform defined tasks. Reviews project requirements, analyzes technical data, writes plans and specifications, follows coding standards and CM procedures. Experience with Linux OS. Some travel may be required.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN WITH THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A US SECURITY CLEARANCE.
• 0-6 years of work experience in C++ object oriented software development
• 0-6 years of GUI development
• Good understanding of computer architecture, and the relationships between applications
• Minimum education requirements are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (other related scientific or technical fields will be considered)
• 0-6 years of relevant system design, development and unit testing experience in C++
• Object oriented software design and development for real-time systems
Advanced Tactical Systems, Inc
An Ultra Electronics Business
Advanced Tactical Systems - www.ultra-ats.com - has twice been named as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas (2009 and 2010). The awards are co-sponsored by Texas Monthly Magazine and the Texas State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
ATS designs, develops, delivers, and supports real-time tactical command and control systems. We have delivered systems to all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and many of our Allied and Coalition partners. Our systems and personnel have supported every major conflict since our founding in 1987.