Senior Security Consultant
We are looking for a Senior IT consultant with strong experience in IT Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance and the ability to travel up to 80%.
This is a 3 month to hire position in the Austin Texas area. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to Austin Texas area.
• Must be able to travel up to 80%
This individual will be responsible for assessing technical, administrative and physical controls based on various regulations or standards at client sites. Ideally, the candidate should have an IT infrastructure, administration, and security background; excellent communication skills and the ability to immediately produce visible results.
Mandatory Compliance Background (minimum 2-4 years consulting in at least 4 of the following): FFIEC, EI3PA, ISO 27001:27002, HIPAA, FISMA, Sarbanes Oxley, PCI.
Preferred Background Experience: Unix/Linux systems administration, Windows systems administration, Network administration, Security administration, management of access control systems,
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time effectively, and require minimal supervision in the execution of projects
• Perform compliance assessments and other client work related to Client's professional services offerings
• Contribute a significant piece of a project deliverable
• Create detailed, professional documentation to be delivered to customers both in written and verbal formats
• Create and recommend remediation for components of security policies, procedures, processes, and standards.
• Provide specific recommendations for business or technical issues
• Perform other essential duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Must possess demonstrable excellence with regard to written and verbal communication skills
• Unquestioned integrity and personal ethics; willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
• Experience working with complex, sophisticated clients
• Strong networking and negotiating skills
• Must possess strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things
• Strong project management skills
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Resourceful and Well Organized
• Able to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time effectively, and require minimal supervision in the execution of a project.
• Must have current experience in analyzing, assessing, and/or auditing IT security technologies, processes, and compliance programs such as:
o IP Network architecture and technology, protocols, routing
o Data Management; Sybase; Oracle; MySQL;MS SQL Server; Storage Area Networks
o Firewalls; configuration and rule maintenance
o Remote access facilities; VPN, RAS, thin-client
o Risk Assessment and Risk Management
o Change Management
o Logical, Physical, and Administrative Access Controls
o Physical Security
o Encryption (in relation to compliance)
o Malicious Code: Detection and Response
o Systems and Software Development Life Cycle
o Personnel Security
o Media Controls
o Audit, Logging, and Monitoring Controls
o Vendor Management
o Intrusion Detection and Response
o Business Continuity
Education and Experience:
• 5 to 10 years of IT security and Compliance experience required.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in computer science or information systems.
• While experience in a number of IT disciplines may provide a solid framework for this position, hands-on results from performing IT risk assessments, information security consulting or IT audits are most beneficial.
• Technical or professional certifications, such as CISA or CISSP, are a plus
• Experience in the following regulations and Frameworks:
o Sarbanes Oxley
o ISO 17799
Sr. Account Manager
Tan Check Consolidated, Inc.
WBENC Certified Company
We are a TIER 1 Supplier