Systems Engineer 1
We are recruiting for a Systems Engineer 1 to join our team in Austin, TX. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. This is an entry-level staff position involved in treating a variety of conventional problems, questions or situations in conformance with established criteria.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HAVE A CURRENT US SECURITY CLEARANCE OR THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ONE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and /or procedures.
• Performs engineering design evaluations
• May develop a range of products
• Prepares technical documentation
• Support requirements analysis for total systems and subsystems
• Coordinate the requirements specification process to ensure the conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Conduct independent technical investigations in system design
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Requires 0-2 years of experience in the engineering field or related area
• Experience in or understanding of performing hardware/software tradeoffs preferred
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Ability to recognize moderately complex problems and take responsibility for resolving them
• Skill in analyzing complex activities and information involving some original interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions
• Skill in analyzing systems requirements
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Engineering field
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
Advanced Tactical Systems, Inc
An Ultra Electronics Business
Ultra Electronics, Advanced Tactical Systems - www.ultra-ats.com - has twice been named as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas (2009 and 2010). The awards are co-sponsored by Texas Monthly Magazine and the Texas State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
ATS designs, develops, delivers, and supports real-time tactical command and control systems. We have delivered systems to all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and many of our Allied and Coalition partners. Our systems and personnel have supported every major conflict since our founding in 1987.