Sr. Linux System Administrator
The Senior Linux System Administrator needs to be diligent, highly organized, detail oriented, and adept at configuring and managing a heterogeneous enterprise environment consisting of Linux, OS X and Windows.
• Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of all production systems operations
• Provides organization of distributed / remote server environments
• Maintains various virtual cloud services & sites
• Administration of load balancers and firewalls
• Maintains the Linux, Apache, Java, PHP, Ruby on Rails environments
• Administration of MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL database environments
• Oversees multi-OS domain with Linux and Windows servers
• Proactively monitor tools/services
• Administration of file, print, email and web services
• Directs IP communications environment (VoIP, video, text)
• Migration of enterprise services from Windows to Linux
• Supervision of security protocols for all production systems
• Maintains the internal security software standards (anti-virus, etc.)
• Management of internal & external inventories (e.g.: desktops, laptops, servers, etc.)
• Provides direction of business continuity, including failover and backup
• Participation in infrastructure and enterprise systems design
• Continuing research of new/emerging technology
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Knowledge of free/open source software technologies, practices, and principles.
• Experience with:
o Server virtualization, such as KVM, Xen, VMWare (ESX), and Hyper-V
o Red Hat desktop virtualization (VDI) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
o File storage including EXT4, XFS, GlusterFS, and SAN solutions.
o Scripting (BASH, Perl, Python, etc.)
o .RPM and .DEB Linux distributions.
o LAMP web server environments.
o System imaging tools (Clonezilla, SystemImager, etc.)
o Production system monitoring tools (Nagios, Opsview, Xymon, OpenNMS, etc.)
o Network configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
o VoIP environment (Asterisk, nWise, etc.)
• Understanding of networking technologies, including routers and switches
• Comprehension of IP-based communications infrastructure (VoIP, video, text)
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team oriented environment.
• Strong sense of ownership, innovation, and drive.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate in American Sign Language or willing to learn via company provided resources.
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or significant equivalent experience.
• 5+ years experience in Linux systems administration, architecture and planning.
• RHCSA, RHCE or RHCA certification preferred.
Founded in 1975, Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD) began as a one-man operation that provided sign language interpreting services and strived for communication accessibility for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Today, CSD is a private, non-profit organization with international reach and nearly 2,000 employees, providing a wide array of services that continue to enhance the quality of life for deaf and hard of hearing people and individuals with speech disabilities. Services that CSD currently offers include Telecommunications and Caption Relay services, Contact Center services, Video Remote Interpreting and Community Based Interpreting services as well as a number of Community Based Human Service programs. For more information about our organization, please visit www.c-s-d.org.