In this position you’d be joining a team with two other skilled front-end developers in Austin to build sites for our content partnerships. Most projects are with well-known brands like USA Today, Salon, Hidden Valley, and National Geographic.
We’re looking for that rare breed of developer, one who has both a great design sense and some solid front-end chops. You’ll likely spend equal time in design and code to start, but as the team grows you can lean towards the projects you’re most interested in.
• Design new engaging websites for major brands and publishers
• Convert designs into clean and easy to maintain HTML and CSS
• Lead and recommend in the design and development of existing web properties
• Assist with site maintenance and new features
• Develop marketing materials and mockups for new partners and prospects
• Assist with regular multivariate testing to optimize page layouts and overall site production
• Experience building, tweaking and extending websites
• Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS, responsive design, and adherence to web standards
• Passion for designing highly usable user interfaces and keeping up with latest internet and design trends (UI patterns)
• Typographic, color, and layout skills, with a deep understanding of how these design principles are applied to the Web.
• Expert in Photoshop (or other major design software)
• Familiarity with development in a LAMP environment
• Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration.
• Experience in the publishing industry, marketing agencies or multi-national brands
Please provide examples of past UI development work or sample applications that demonstrate your UI development skills and be prepared for a small take-home project. If you have a Dribble or GitHub account, definitely include that with your application.
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!