Technical Business Analyst
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country’s leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition; we have grown to be the industry’s leading provider of residential and commercial rental furniture. CORT is a market leading organization providing a constantly expanding range of services, including offering a full line of houseware rentals and tradeshow and events furnishings.
CORT is hiring for a Business Analyst in its Austin, TX office to work closely with multiple business users across the organization on a custom application that controls the logistical and financial challenges of our multi-national rental relocation services. The successful candidate will work well with high touch internal customer and possesses excellent communication and technical skills.
- Strong demonstrated ability to interpret business requirements and translate into efficient technical solution designs
- Set priorities efficiently and deal with relatively frequent task-switching based on changing business needs
- Understand and communicate impact of configuration changes on existing reports and processes
- Assist in design of new processes and workflows
- Explore existing schema and determine relationships and potential impact of changes
- Perform ongoing data maintenance including design, creation, modification and execution of mass update scripts, data inserts, etc.
- Troubleshoot, design, repair and/or build custom objects, Tables, Reporting Views, Stored
- Procedures, Scalar Functions, Triggers and Scheduled job scripts
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a technical Business Analyst role
- Strong technical background with SQL skills, preferably in a MS SQL Server environment
- Ability to do basic markup/code changes in ASPX form code and supporting SQL Objects
- Background in BI/OLAP modeling and design is a plus
- Java skills a plus (for maintenance of existing interfaces)
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com integration, DocWorks or Servicengine a plus
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.