Senior Automation Engineer
Digby is hiring for a Senior Automation Engineer with a passion for Behavior Driven Design (BDD) and automation to take ownership and drive continuous improvements of our quality strategies. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple small teams of highly motivated software development professionals who work with cutting edge technologies and are committed to building high quality systems through the application of solid, agile engineering practices.
Digby helps brands achieve their strategic multi-channel goals – to drive store traffic, engage with consumers in the store, enable mobile commerce and provide web-style analytics to the physical retail store – all through their own branded mobile experience. Digby is a well-established startup whose client base includes Bed Bath and Beyond, Cabela’s, Toys “R” Us, The Home Depot, Wet Seal, Brooks Brothers, Golfsmith, Orvis and many more. We are conveniently located off of 360 and Mopac just along the Barton Creek Greenbelt in south Austin. We offer excellent compensation, stock options and a casual and flexible work environment.
- Participate in an agile software process
- Design, implement, document and maintain software quality strategies
- Elicit business requirements in the form of user stories
- Elicit bug reports based on user feedback and/or diagnostic data
- Author bug reports based on user feedback and/or diagnostic data
- Construct analytical models of problem domains
- Construct software component designs
- Define, construct and implement tests for software contracts
- Communicate requirements and best practices to external personnel
- Perform other non-essential duties as assigned
- Extensive experience with designing and developing QA/QC processes in agile process frameworks
- Over five years of object oriented programming experience: Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Objective-C, etc
- Experience testing web based applications with proficiency using JIRA or other issue tracking systems
- Experience or interest in testing Java based applications in a Linux environment
- Well versed in junit, testNG, or other test driven development (TDD) tools
- Experience with jbehave, cucumber, or other behavior driven design (BDD) tools
- Hands on experience with Maven, ant/ivy, or other build tools
- Familiarity with continuous delivery / DevOps environments
- BS/MS/MCS in computer science / software engineering / related field, or equivalent experience
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.