Senior Software Engineer
Great Opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer
This position is located in Austin, TX
Client is immediately interviewing!!
Project Duration: 12 month initial W2 contract; renewable.
Employment Type: All positions are available on a W-2 basis only
Project Location: Austin, TX - Domain area (sorry no telecommuting or relocation reimbursement)
DESCRIPTION – Software Engineer:
This particular Software Engineer role will be in the development of the processor modeling environment and also developing processor models. This group relies heavily on both hardware and software validation tools to meet competitive time-to-market schedules. Built on a combination of Java and C++, this end-to-end suite of applications forms an environment that enables hardware and firmware design organizations to develop, build, and test full software stacks very early in the development process. Ideal candidates should understand object-oriented design principles and software design patterns as well as a high-level computer architecture concepts. Although this is a software development position, candidates should be comfortable reading and interpreting hardware and processor specifications. Candidates for this Software Engineer opening should also feel comfortable working on a small, fast paced agile development team.
TASKS/SKILL REQUIREMENTS – Software Engineer:
• Collaborate with Processor and Firmware design teams to implement next-generation instruction set architectures in software
• Develop new features and functions in the host software environment to emulate or simulate new processor or hardware features, including the end-to-end design, development, and functional test of new functions
• Work with hardware designers to model register-level behavior of hardware devices, based on device specifications
Please e-mail your MS Word or rtf resume directly to Kate Orngard, Staffing Team Lead at CTG: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 720-987-9257 for more information. All candidates will eventually need to submit via our website for consideration to CTG job # 12203423 (www.ctg.com/careercenter). Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
• Java plus some C/C++ programming
• Unix environment / Unix programming experience
• OS kernel programming ideal
• Assembly programming
• Machine level/firmware debug skills
• PowerPC architecture skills
• General processor architecture skills
• Intel architecture/programming
Secondary ‘Nice to Have’ Skills:
• Object oriented programming
• I/O device driver development/programming
• Embedded solutions/firmware development
• Hardware bring-up skills
Backed by 40 years' experience, CTG provides IT application management, consulting, software development and integration, and staffing solutions to help Global 2000 clients focus on their core businesses and use IT as a competitive advantage to excel in their markets.