Quality Assurance Engineer
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work with BarZ Adventures’ software developers on our GoExplore® Smartphone Application Platform. The GoExplore App Platform includes a Media Server™ CMS which is a Ruby-on-Rails (3.1) application platform, and mobile client applications on several Smartphone operating systems. The Media Server platform allows our clients to build rich multi-media data sets, and serves those data sets out to client branded mobile apps on iOS and Android, and facilitates location-based and indexed delivery of content. The GoExplore Smartphone App Platform is continually evolving to include new functionality and better performance; we are looking for a QA Engineer to support the evolution of our platform.
• Works directly with Development personnel to understand project concept, objectives and approach of software development projects
• Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments
• Develops automated testing systems using commercial tools, scripts and data sets
• Participates in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing
• Implements and executes testing of new features and application builds for clients
• Provides resource planning, management and resolution of issues that impede the test effort
• Examines the service and client logs to debug issues
• Works with Development to verify client and feature/service fixes
• Works with Operations and Customer Service to resolve issues
• Able to work independently
• Other duties as assigned
Works under the general supervision of the Senior QA Engineer. This position does not supervise other personnel.
This is a full-time employment position with benefits but will consider a full-time contract.
The ideal candidate should possess all of the following:
• Excellent testing and debugging skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 2+ years previous QA experience for a reputable software company
• Must be able to prioritize, schedule and complete testing required for multiple applications with overlapping schedules
• Experience with bug-tracking and project management software such as Mantis or Redmine
Nice to have:
• Some exposure to Databases (SQL)
• Knowledge of Ruby-On-Rails framework
• Familiarity with Heroku and Amazon AWS platforms
• Some practical experience with production systems planning and maintenance in cloud-based deployment profiles
• Experience with testing Android and/or iOS mobile application platforms
The BarZ Adventures office is located in Westlake Hills, TX. This position will work within the office; no telecommuting.
Local Candidates only; no relocation assistance is being offered at this time.
Send your resume to QATech (a) barzadventures.com
Note: We cannot sponsor H1B at the moment.
BarZ Adventures is a tourism technology company that creates GPS and location-aware, multimedia tour guide systems.