Note: please contact me directly to discuss this job by using the "Contact Job Poster" email function on the right of this screen - thank you
- Write API reference and conceptual documents for a variety of audiences
- Personally test documented services and capabilities to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Create C++ and XML samples to include in documents
- Work with teammates to fine tune and document internal control procedures and processes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the technical and business needs of documentation users
- Contribute to documentation and product testing
- Proactively and independently learn new concepts and technologies to improve documentation quality
- Contribute to continuous improvement of documentation standards, tools, and processes
- Organize and develop deliverables with minimal supervision with a focus on project deadlines
- Establish and monitor a set of metrics that measure the success of your own documentation
Resume recommendation: We suggest you tailor your resume to highlight your past experience in these areas. Electronic or hardcopy samples of writing demonstrating technical expertise are required.
- 7+ years of experience producing high-quality, technically accurate documentation that describes complex programming concepts, demonstrates how to accomplish a wide range of programming tasks, and shows how to use multiple related application programming interfaces (APIs), all while working with established documentation style guidelines and using a product development specifications, source code, and other relevant resources.
- An strong understanding of common programming terminologies and processes, with experience reading programming languages (some or all: C, C++, C#) and a working knowledge of an IDE, such as Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Comfortable authoring in HTML and XML
- Experience working in an Agile environment and providing realistic estimates of documentation tasks
- Proficiency in authoring in Adobe RoboHelp and Joomla (or similar CMS)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Communications, or a related field. Position requires demonstrated expertise in Instructional Design, Technical Writing or its equivalent.
Aristocrat is a leading global provider of gaming solutions. We provide products and services to over ninety countries around the world. Aristocrat designs and develops a diverse range of products and services including electronic gaming machines, interactive video terminal systems, electronic tables and casino management systems.