Mechanical Engineer – Austin, TX
PERMANENT - AUSTIN, TX – MECHANICAL ENGINEER
If you are interested in this position please contact me at dustinL *at* connecttel.com. Include your resume, desired pay rate, and a good time to call for a quick screening interview. I am on Central Standard Time and am available from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: No H1B or Corp-to-Corp for this requisition.
Be sure to visit www.itcareerlink.com for other opportunities!
Job title: Mechanical Engineer,
Estimated Term: Full Time,
Location: Austin, Texas
Our client, a well-established enterprise hardware and software suite manufacturer, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for a mid-level full time position in Austin, Texas. This individual will be responsible for designing, evaluating, selecting, and applying standard mechanical engineering/design techniques, procedures, and criteria for development and support of their proprietary hardware. Additional responsibilities include solving technical problems pertaining to product design and/or development, manufacturability, product quality, and test/systems mechanical compatibility.
IMPORTANT: At this time, the client requires the ability for candidates to work on W2 tax terms (no H1B sponsorship or contract/corp-to-corp opportunities).
• Work with management, engineers, sourcing, suppliers, marketing, operations, and quality to achieve product reliability, timing, cost, and functional targets.
Mechanical design of safety-critical electromechanical products that meet or exceed marketing/ customer requirements.
• Propose alternative solutions that optimize product design and manufacturing technological choices while minimizing cost and investment.
• Provide cost estimates to support product/system cost forecasts that meet or exceed product cost reduction objectives.
• Creating robust and track-able plans that work in detail at individual level.
• Developing 3D models of mechanical designs utilizing SolidWorks.
• Identify critical dimensions and document as special characteristics.
• Minimum of four (4) years in mechanical and electromechanical engineering field including experience with solid modeling CAD development tools.
• Proficient in designing molded sheet metal parts and electromechanical assemblies.
• Extensive knowledge of manufacturing technologies and processes such as:
§ Concepts of life predictions
§ Mean time between failure calculations
§ Design for experiments
§ Regulatory requirements (FCC, UL, CE, etc.)
Required Soft Skills:
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams focused on value engineering and design efforts.
• Ability work independently with minimum supervision.
• Must be detail oriented, proven record of beating or meeting deadlines, and highly motivated.
• Possess strong interpersonal communication, conflict management skills, and presentation skills.
Preferred Knowledge/ Experience:
• SolidWorks for modeling.
• Prior experience or working knowledge of Agile Product Life Cycle Management.
• Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
• Planning and managing projects through the entire lifecycle.
• Ability to manage multiple suppliers and vendors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering