Windows Systems Engineer (Contract to hire)
The individual must be able lead the analysis into situations and problems to determine how to resolve problems and the root cause of these problems. The individual will also be responsible adhering to change control procedures to plan/test/implement Infrastructure changes in coordination with business owners.
The Windows Systems Engineer will be supporting the Microsoft Windows server environment and underlying data center technologies. The individual should have hands-on experience working in within an enterprise IT and datacenter environment.
This position will require an individual who is a self-starter; detail oriented, and has the ability to work with little or no supervision. Excellent verbal/written communication is a must.
• 8+ years of experience in Windows Systems Administration with 5+ years of Domain/Enterprise administration
• Excellent Communication skills are a must, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• The qualified candidate must be able to communicate effectively to both the client and senior management as well as business end-users.
• Self-starter who is able and confident to drive end-to-end delivery of service and handle projects with absolutely no supervision.
• Ability to manage time effectively according to priorities and timelines.
• Experience in a customer-facing role
• 5+ years of experience with Active Directory
• 3+ years of experience with Virtualization (VMware specifically)
• 5+ years of experience with Enterprise Backup and Antivirus solutions
• MCSE, MCITP, VCP, or CCNA certification
• P2V tools like Platespin or VMware Converter
• DNS, DHCP, WINS experience
• Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS, formerly Terminal Services)
• Application Delivery using SCCM, Altiris, App-V, or other similar technologies
• vCenter, vBlock, ESX, and/or ESXi experience
• Knowledge of IBM, Dell, Cisco, and/or HP Server Hardware
• EMC/NetApp SAN experience
• Knowledge of emerging IT technology products, solutions, industry trends, and implementation methods
Contract to hire position
Fortune 100 company