SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
FULL TIME - ALPHARETTA, GA - SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
I'm writing to see if you or someone you may know would be available for a Full time.
The client is currently seeking a Manager, Software Development to join the management team for our Development team in Alpharetta. Client is a leading investment technology company with locations throughout the U.S., and in London, Hong Kong, Sydney, and Singapore. The client OMS™, our award-winning order management system (OMS), has been a market leader of investment technology since its launch in 1995. It is used by over 400 investment managers to streamline their investment process.
The client is a member of ConvergEx Group, a leading client-focused technology company providing products and services to asset managers and financial intermediaries globally. ConvergEx has offices in 22 cities throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
The Manager, Software Development assigns work, manages and monitors the progress of the development staff. This person also participates on a smaller scale with development efforts of overall team delivery of architecture specifications, application partitioning, object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support while remaining active as a developer. Your goal is to build a productive, world-class, development team through participating in smart recruitment, mentoring and career development.
• Oversee assigned team projects and provide high-level status of development, quality, operations, and system performance reporting to management on a weekly basis
• Develop execution plans which require constant coordination with the Product Management team and various additional internal groups, and external clients
• Execute against project plans and timing commitments by determining work requirements, priorities, and best use of resources for development projects
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Contribute to and oversee the delivery of high quality code in C# or .NET that supports the Company’s proprietary software products
o Target of spending ~30% time writing code. All candidates are expected to demonstrate proficiency with writing code.
o Perform code reviews to ensure faithful implementation of design and high quality standards
• Ensure that changes adhere to existing architectural principles and do not violate requirements around security, scalability, performance, or maintainability
• Coaching and mentoring of Jr. Developers in the art of software development. In particular:
o Deep understanding of OOD/P and its application.
o Awareness of Design Patterns. How to use them, why to use them, and when to use them.
o Fluency in algorithmic thinking and problem solving
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Constantly strive to maintain and enhance a best-of-class engineering team
• Provide mentorship and guidance to team members while guiding team members’ career development
o Provide feedback to management on individual and team performance
Your Experience Should Include:
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, MS degree a plus.
o 5+ Years of experience Programming and Software Development/ 2+ years code development in C#
o 1+ years in a direct leadership role
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Capability of handling several deadline-driven tasks at once, and comfort with shifting priorities
• High-level multi-tasking skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to step outside role confines, work independently when necessary, and help teach and enable other team members.
• Compensation includes a competitive base salary, performance bonus, 401K matching & excellent benefits.
**WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TRANSFERRING H1 B VISAS**
If you are interested in this position please contact me by sending your resume to
Please also include a desired pay rate, and a good time to call for a quick screening interview.
You may also register for this job at http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55F6C361D43717B7E53182E7756186A0C627F
PLEASE NOTE: No H1B or Corp-to-Corp for this requisition.
Be sure to visit www.itcareerlink.com for other opportunities!