QA Automation Engineer (Developer in Test)
Alert Logic, based in the Galleria area of Houston, TX, is seeking to hire an QA Automation Engineer for our growing DevOps team. The QA Automation Engineer will be involved early in the design process, in order to ensure that testability is given careful consideration in the development of new features. This is a complex product with many aspects to test:
• Interaction with various friendly and hostile HTTP clients
• HTTP compatibility and HTTP response caching
• SSL protocol and certificate management, Linux OS configuration
• VLAN’s, Multi-tenancy, Data privacy, and Billing & Metering
• Writing object oriented code to do automated testing
• Integrating with automated regression test suites
• Building and maintaining automation framework
• Configuring test environments
• Performing complex test data loads
• Passion for breaking stuff
• 3+ years’ experience in testing and software development roles
• Knowledge of generally accepted test methodologies and standard test phases
• Ability to code in an Object Oriented Language
• Ability to code in an Xunit environment (Junit or PhpUnit)
• Ability to write scripts that construct automated system tests
• Ability to read product code in several programming languages with the objective of writing tests that exercise both the main intent as well as corner cases.
• Working knowledge of Linux
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE or other technical field.
• Ability to write test code in either PHP or Erlang.
• Experience working with Software / Platforms / Infrastructure as-a-service cloud environments
• Familiarity with application security technologies
• Experience testing on high throughput, high availability server software
Alert Logic Security-as-a-Service offers service providers and enterprise customer’s four distinct advantages: market leading security tools, a fully outsourced and managed SaaS delivery model, integrated 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) services to monitor and provide expert guidance, and the ability to deploy wherever a customer has IT infrastructure -- including the cloud. With more than half of the largest managed hosting and cloud service providers using these services to secure their customer environments, Alert Logic is increasingly viewed as the de facto standard for securing infrastructure in hosted and cloud environments.
If qualified, please apply at our website!