Manager - Applications and Technical Support
Manager - Applications and Technical Support
Fabworx Solutions, Inc.
The applications and technical support manager in Fabworx will play a key role in both increasing sales of existing products and in moving several new products into the marketplace.
Under the management of the President, this person will interface heavily with all departments in Fabworx, their distributors, and their customers. He will often travel to customer and distributor sites to support the selling efforts, build relationships, and to create an increased level of interaction. Additionally, he will be in charge of creating new technical marketing sales support documents, such as white papers and application notes.
Create additional sales of existing products by providing presales support, developing specific application solutions, and creating technical sales support documents.
Effectively move new products from R&D to initial customer acceptance, and then widely sellable to the rest of the world.
Create enhanced communications and relationships with select customers and represent Fabworx in a way that creates a tremendous value to these customers.
Help create for Fabworx a larger presence in the fab community.
Overall, this will become a cornerstone position in the company. This person will potentially become the prototype for and leader of a team of field applications engineers worldwide.
Sales / Marketing related functions:
• Take ownership of customer product evaluations and drive them to successful completion.
• Continuously train field sales personnel on the technical aspects of how to find and develop opportunities.
• In conjunction with local distributor partners, provide technical presentations to prospective customers.
• Prepare and present technical papers at symposiums.
• By working closely with customers, collect product performance data that is useful for supporting other sales efforts, product improvement efforts and general marketing requirements.
• Identify unmet needs of customer needs to help generate new product ideas and concepts.
Applications related functions:
• Develop key customer relationships at the technical level.
• Work closely with R&D on the 300mm products to create a smooth and rapid transition from product development to the customer. Be responsible for initial Beta sites from the aspect of customer acceptance, data collection, and feedback for product fine-tuning.
• Lead the effort to prepare Fabworx for upcoming key product evaluations, then manage and own the success of these evaluations.
• Identify unmet customer needs leading to good future product ideas. Collect the needed data to define the product, both technically as well as its market opportunity.
• Perform tool throughput analysis and make recommendations on best methods to make customer tool productivity improvements in support of the sales objectives.
• Develop specific applications and create BKM and white papers for each. Included are throughput modeling and actual throughput gains, special requirements of the application, end effector and o-ring selection, tool settings, o-ring maintenance intervals, and ROI.
Technical Support and Product Quality related functions:
• Contribute to the development of both existing and new product designs by proactively participating in product improvement and CIP efforts.
• Lead the effort to expand Design Verification Testing and other product performance testing, including competitive data comparisons.
• Define, document, and execute the process for field service and analysis which includes determining root cause of failure and implementation of corrective action.
• With the support of engineering and manufacturing, resolve field product performance issues that may arise.
• Define, document, and implement the field robot installation quality checklist.
• Be the technical communications bridge between the geographical regions and Fabworx USA functional departments.
• Become the top technical support escalation position in the company.
• Create and own installation and service documentation.
• Train field service technicians on installation, preventative maintenance, and repair of Fabworx products.
• Help to drive company quality objectives and improve company quality metrics by participating from the customer’s perspective; i.e. be the voice of the customer.
This is a full-time position in Austin, Texas including health/dental benefits, paid vacation/sick time, and available 401(k). Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
• Must have technical / engineering degree and >5 years semiconductor fab operations / tool operations experience.
• Must have good general knowledge of wafer handling robotics in a variety of 200mm and 300mm process tools. Hands-on experience with AMAT VHP robot strongly desired.
• Needs strong verbal and written communication skills, including command of English language.
• Must have the ability to independently establish and maintain relationships with customers and co-workers.
• This position requires travel to customer sites worldwide, sometimes on short notice.
• Must have experience working in the Asian customer environment.
Fabworx is a fast-growing Austin-based engineering firm and manufacturer specializing in semiconductor robotics. We have been shipping robots to fabs around the world since 2003, and our customer list includes 60% of the major semiconductor manufacturers worldwide. We are a team of individuals passionate about emerging technology in the semiconductor industry and our rapid business growth is allowing us to continue to add to our team of talented and motivated professionals.