Assoc Technical Support Engineer
Responsible for providing customer satisfaction through the delivery of high quality, in-depth, responsive customer support via phone and web meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides customer support via phone and email to developers and end users.
• Resolves installation, configuration and developer questions across a variety of platforms such as Windows, Linux, UNIX (HP-UX), Solaris, AIX).
• Performs timely documentation of issues, resolutions and call activities in the company database in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists Engineering and Quality Assurance with product direction, testing and support.
• Resolves and/or escalates customer issues appropriately.
Required Experience and Education:
• Requires knowledge of (but not limited to): Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, IBM DB2, MySQL, Informix, Access, Excel, XML, JMS (message oriented middleware), ODBC, ASCII, Java, COM, C, COBOL, Pervasive.SQL, and/or other data formats.
• Requires knowledge of (but not limited to): Windows, Linux, AIX, HP/UX, Solaris.
• Requires Database, Integration, or application development software experience.
• Requires knowledge of the products applicable to the position.
• Requires knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with others inside and outside departmental boundaries.
• Requires high quality, responsive telephone and electronic support to customers and other product users.
• Requires attention to quality and detail.
• Requires the ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
• Manages priority customer situations through successful and timely resolution.
• May participate in development efforts on new or existing product releases.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years related experience.
Local Candidates Only
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Pervasive Software is a global data innovation leader delivering software to manage, integrate and analyze data, in the cloud or on-premises, throughout the entire data life cycle.