MYSQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Trion Worlds is seeking an experienced MySQL Database Administrator to join a team that manages a diverse database infrastructure supporting Trion’s 24/7 corporate and game environments. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Provision, install, configure, operate, and maintain company's database systems
• Assist with technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
• Ensure company's database systems procedures adhere to regulatory requirements and are aligned with organizational values
• Assist software engineering team with database-related technical issues
• Participate in application development projects, focusing on the transition of projects from software engineering to production infrastructure by addressing database activities within the software development life-cycle and ongoing support during production operations
• Monitoring, tuning, replication, query optimization, backup, and recovery of MySQL database systems
• Maintain documentation on operational processes
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with MySQL, with detailed understanding of internals, specifically MyISAM and InnoDB storage engines, replication and partitioning , performance tuning, capacity planning, automated backup, and recovery
• Experience with MySQL 5.0, 5.1, and 5.5 major releases
• Proficiency in BASH scripting and one of Perl/Python/PHP
• Understanding of both OLTP and OLAP concepts
• Experience in geographically-separated environments
• Experience with MySQL Cluster 7.x is advantageous, as is a strong knowledge of Centos 5.5+
• Experience with either SQL Server, Oracle, or NOSQL (Hadoop and Cassandra) is desired
• Experience with Percona XtraBackup is a plus
Trion Worlds is changing everything about the way online games are designed, developed, and delivered. We're infusing the old, static gaming world with a sense of dynamic, creative collaboration to create AAA Connected games. This philosophy applies just as much to the people who make the games as it does to the games we make. At Trion, we give our team members the opportunity to have an impact on our games as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. Ambition and individual creativity are not just encouraged, they're expected.
Our team consists of some of the top creative talent from the games, media, and Internet industries. Our team members have worked on, developed, and shipped more than 100 original titles, including best selling online games and franchises like Aion, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage, EverQuest, and Pogo. Utilizing our proprietary core technologies, we're hard at work on our first titles to be released in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We have offices located in the diverse communities of Redwood Shores, Calif., San Diego, Calif., and Austin, Texas. Trion is pleased to offer its team members competitive compensation, benefits and relocation packages as well as a fun working environment!