SENIOR LINUX SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Trion Worlds is searching for an exceptional Senior Linux Systems Engineer to help manage the infrastructure for our corporate and game environments. The Senior Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for defining and establishing system-administration functions for server infrastructure, including Linux, deployment automation, high availability, and disaster recovery. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Deploy and maintain secure Linux environments across multiple product lines
• Guarantee 100% consistency in deployments, versions, configs, etc. through automated deployment and config management tools
• Support multiple groups by designing, deploying, and managing a distributed, fault-tolerant infrastructure
• Install and configure new software and hardware as required
• Write and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures
• Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions
• Conduct disaster-recovery and business-continuity planning
• Help define and establish common and advanced system-administration functions
• Develop project plans related to capacity management, disaster recovery, and user management
• Provide after-hours support through an on-call rotation
• Complete work requests received through the help-desk ticketing system meeting defined SLAs
• Mastery of Redhat Enterprise-based Linux distributions
• Strong understanding of Kerberos, RADIUS, LDAP, DNS, package management, and SELinux
• Familiarity with storage area networks, iSCSI protocol, NFS, and multipathing in Linux
• Understanding of application load balancing
• Solid understanding of complex IP networks, VLANs, and trunking
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management, project management, and conflict resolution
• Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
• 5+ years of real-world experience implementing and managing enterprise technology projects, ideally in a 24/7 environment
• BA/BS in any area of sciences or engineering
• Experience with software such as Splunk, Tripwire, HP Insight Control, and Hadoop clusters
• Experience with VMware, HP Blades, F5 BIGIP, Citrix Netscaler, and Windows Server 2008
Imagination. Passion. Teamwork.
Trion Worlds is changing everything about the way online games are designed, developed, and delivered. We're infusing the old, static gaming world with a sense of dynamic, creative collaboration to create AAA Connected games. This philosophy applies just as much to the people who make the games as it does to the games we make. At Trion, we give our team members the opportunity to have an impact on our games as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. Ambition and individual creativity are not just encouraged, they're expected.
Our team consists of some of the top creative talent from the games, media, and Internet industries. Our team members have worked on, developed, and shipped more than 100 original titles, including best selling online games and franchises like Aion, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage, EverQuest, and Pogo. Utilizing our proprietary core technologies, we're hard at work on our first titles to be released in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We have offices located in the diverse communities of Redwood Shores, Calif., San Diego, Calif., and Austin, Texas. Trion is pleased to offer its team members competitive compensation, benefits and relocation packages as well as a fun working environment!