Trion Worlds is seeking an exceptional Report Developer. This individual will be responsible for report development across multiple products, leveraging our BI solutions while working closely with the BI team. They will create new reports while developing and maintaining existing reporting. Ideal candidates will have extensive BI experience, strong technical and communication skills, and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Design, develop, and maintain management and operational reports comprised of financial, marketing, web, and other game- and product-specific data
• Work with the BI team’s data analysts to design and refine reports to meet end-user requirements
• Work with the BI team’s data warehousing specialists to obtain the required data sets from which reports can be generated
• Create end-user documentation to help improve report understanding
• Peer review other BI members’ report development work
• Take an active role in the reporting tool’s server-side operations, responding to technical issues that may hinder end-user report consumption
• Communicate reporting changes to a non-technical audience as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in computers science, IT, business, or related field; equivalent work experience will also be considered
• 3+ years of experience in a report development role
• Experience in report development using QlikView, SSRS, and SSAS
• Solid understanding of data warehousing and relational databases
• Detailed knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, PL-SQL)
• Understanding of data visualization and GUI design
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
• Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently while meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of web reporting tools: Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture)
• Server-side knowledge of QlikView, SSRS, and SSAS
• Experience in statistics
• Knowledge of C# or another programming language
• Understanding of the SCRUM Agile Development methodology
• Understanding of the gaming industry, especially the MMO market
• Hands-on gaming experience with micro-transaction/subscription based products
Imagination. Passion. Teamwork.
Trion Worlds is changing everything about the way online games are designed, developed, and delivered. We're infusing the old, static gaming world with a sense of dynamic, creative collaboration to create AAA Connected games. This philosophy applies just as much to the people who make the games as it does to the games we make. At Trion, we give our team members the opportunity to have an impact on our games as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. Ambition and individual creativity are not just encouraged, they're expected.
Our team consists of some of the top creative talent from the games, media, and Internet industries. Our team members have worked on, developed, and shipped more than 100 original titles, including best selling online games and franchises like Aion, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage, EverQuest, and Pogo. Utilizing our proprietary core technologies, we're hard at work on our first titles to be released in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We have offices located in the diverse communities of Redwood Shores, Calif., San Diego, Calif., and Austin, Texas. Trion is pleased to offer its team members competitive compensation, benefits and relocation packages as well as a fun working environment!