Trion Worlds is seeking an exceptional ETL Engineer who will be responsible for designing and implementing an enterprise-level warehouse, creating necessary data models, and implementing them via ETL development. Ideal candidates will have extensive BI experience, strong technical and communication skills, and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Translate end-user requirements into a definition of the overall data warehouse architecture including the ETL process, ODS, and data marts
• Work with the BI team’s Data Analyst and report-development members to design and provide dimensionally modeled data via the creation of ETL packages
• Ensure the warehouse has the appropriate level of error checking and auditing
• Create documentation to provide insight into the ETLs developed, including source-to-target mappings and data models
• Maintain a metadata repository that includes both technical and business data
• Peer review other BI members’ modeling and ETL development work
• Take an active role in the ETL tool’s server-side operations, responding to technical issues that may hinder warehouse data generation
• Deep knowledge of ETL concepts and experience in using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Expert understanding of data warehousing and relational databases
• Detailed knowledge of both normalized and dimensional logical and physical data modeling; experience in using data modeling tools such as Erwin, ER/Studio, and Toad Data Modeler
• Bachelor’s degree in or including computer science, IT, engineering, or related field; equivalent work experience will also be considered
• Strong RDBMS background; experience with SQL Server preferred
• Detailed knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, PL-SQL)
• Understanding in how to maintain a technical, process, and business metadata-management repository
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently while meeting deadlines
• Experience with data warehouse appliances
• Experience with data architecture
• Knowledge of C#, Java, or another programming language
• Knowledge of Hadoop
• Understanding of the Scrum agile development methodology
• Understanding of the gaming industry, especially the MMO market
• Hands-on gaming experience with microtransaction- and subscription-based products
Imagination. Passion. Teamwork.
Trion Worlds is changing everything about the way online games are designed, developed, and delivered. We're infusing the old, static gaming world with a sense of dynamic, creative collaboration to create AAA Connected games. This philosophy applies just as much to the people who make the games as it does to the games we make. At Trion, we give our team members the opportunity to have an impact on our games as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. Ambition and individual creativity are not just encouraged, they're expected.
Our team consists of some of the top creative talent from the games, media, and Internet industries. Our team members have worked on, developed, and shipped more than 100 original titles, including best selling online games and franchises like Aion, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage, EverQuest, and Pogo. Utilizing our proprietary core technologies, we're hard at work on our first titles to be released in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We have offices located in the diverse communities of Redwood Shores, Calif., San Diego, Calif., and Austin, Texas. Trion is pleased to offer its team members competitive compensation, benefits and relocation packages as well as a fun working environment!