Technical Writer I
NOTE: You must submit your application through www.ni.com/careers to be considered for this position!
National Instruments currently has open positions for technical writers in both hardware and software R&D groups. As an NI technical writer, you write technical documentation, collaborate with content experts to develop/enhance documentation content, and work with product managers and engineers to improve the usability of documentation and products. We seek strong writing skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new concepts.
We seek candidates with 0-5 years of professional technical writing experience.
- Bachelor's of Master's degree
- Excellent writing skills (samples required)
- Strong interest in and comfort with technical subject matter
- Prior hands-on experience working with computers (hardware and/or software)
Preferred skills include:
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, XML, and databases
- Adobe FrameMaker or similar application
- Familiarity with content management systems (DITA experience a plus)
- Coursework in mathematics and/or science—Prefer knowledge of computer programming basics and/or completion of some computer science/programming coursework
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 36 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,200 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 13 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.