Python Developer (Contract)
ihiji, a start-up Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider, is growing its team and seeking an accomplished Python Developer. You’ll be working with a team on the development, implementation and continuous iteration of a new product offering. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment where opportunities and challenges are great and the rewards and personal satisfaction are equally as great.
* Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software for our technology platform and full suite of products
* Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of coding tools, languages and APIs, as well as software design and development processes.
* Solve difficult problems while continuously learning and improving
* Work closely with a team, including non-developers and a technical architect, in a fluid environment with evolving requirements
* Estimate work efforts so that they can be prioritized
* Ability to self-manage and have flexibility in work hours (i.e. willing to work off-hours, if necessary)
* Challenge the status-quo
* 1-3 years experience writing clean and concise Python
* 1-3 years experience tracing, debugging, and maintaining existing code.
* Experience with Django
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Familiarity with NoSQL implementations, especially MongoDB
* Understanding of common web application design patterns (i.e., MVC)
* Comfortable in an Agile development environment
ihiji, located within the Austin Technology Incubator, is expanding its product suite with a new tool that allows business managers and owners the ability to aggregate and monitor mission critical services - think of it as a mint.com for branch or small business locations. The product will utilize much of ihiji invision’s existing infrastructure which is a scalable, cloud-based SaaS solution and is commercially available. ihiji invision provides a secure gateway for electronics systems integrators to remotely monitor, service, and maintain all aspects of each client’s in home or business electronics systems.
Our team is very collaborative, we all enjoy solving problems and continuous improvement. We all appreciate a sense of humor and enjoy having a good time while we’re at the office. Our office environment is pretty informal (I’m currently rocking shorts and a t-shirt) and we’re flexible on work hours and time off. We are supported by the Austin Technology Incubator (ATI) who has housed and launched some of the most successful startup companies in Texas. This is a great opportunity to join at a pivotal point in our evolution and reap the benefits that a startup has to offer!