Business Intelligence Architect – Austin, TX
CONTRACT TO HIRE – AUSTIN, TX – BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ARCHITECT
Location: Austin, TX-Downtown 78701
Experience: 2 Years
Terms: Contract to Hire (3-6 Months to Hire)
We are seeking a BI Architect for our client with the following experience:
1. Two years of experience in Data Modeling
2. Two years of Business Intelligence Architectural experience with Microsoft SQL Server platform
3. Two years of experience with Oracle and MS SQL databases.
4. One year of experience in multi-dimensional OLAP architecture with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
5. College Degree
1. BI Certification in MS SQL Server BI
2. Microsoft Performance Point or SharePoint Certification
• Define the BI Technology Strategy to support the strategic goals of the organization.
• Equip the organization to use Business Intelligence to better measure, plan and execute strategic goals amidst changing external influences.
• Work with business leaders to understand business processes and define requirements for reporting and analytics.
• Gain consensus among business users on common business data definitions.
• Translate business needs into high level technical designs for BI solutions.
• Apply rapid prototyping, agile and iterative development methodologies as appropriate to ensure solution keeps pace with business needs.
• Develop overall BI information architecture and communicate it to business users and technical staff.
• Design and implement new features and enhancements to the existing dimensional OLAP data warehouse data model.
• Design and implement new features and enhancements to the existing ETL routines responsible for loading data from existing source systems into the Data Warehouse.
• Develop and manage the BI dependency plan, job scheduling and cycle management.
• Conduct performance tuning on the ETL as well as the dimensional data transform and the Analysis Services OLAP cube reporting environment.
• Estimate system capacity to meet near and long-term processing requirements.
• Determine and ensure execution of backup and recovery strategy.
• Work with business users and testing teams to manage proper testing of enhancements and new functionality.
• Work with security and legal teams to maintain and implement BI security best practices including those related to HIPAA.
• Guide the organization in identifying KPIs and target values for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) goals. Design EPM scorecards and dashboards to monitor EPM goals.
• Create Scorecards and Dashboards with drill-down and drill-through capabilities.
• Monitor overall operations of BI solutions, focusing on data integrity and performance.
• Advocate the use of multiple BI technologies.
• IT colleagues, demonstrating these technologies to reinforce the benefit to the business users. Performs On-call or scheduled after hours work as required.
**WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TRANSFERRING H1 B VISAS**
If you are interested in this position please contact me by sending your resume to
Please also include a desired pay rate, and a good time to call for a quick screening interview.
You may also register for this job at
PLEASE NOTE: No H1B or Corp-to-Corp for this requisition.
Be sure to visit www.itcareerlink.com for other opportunities!