Business Analyst – Austin, TX
CONTRACT – AUSTIN, TX – BUSINESS ANALYST
Location: Austin, TX 78701
Experience: 3 Years
We are seeking a Business Analyst for a six month contract with our client in Austin, TX.
1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is required. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
2. Three years of experience in analyzing business processes, business requirements and transforming user requirements into functional requirement specifications and business process models.
3. Two years of experience as a liaison between functional and technical teams.
4. Two years of experience in systems analysis and design work.
5. Two years of experience with web-enabled applications and web services.
6. Experience with process analysis and workflow tools.
7. Major course work in business, finance or management information systems.
8. Understanding of accounting principles and practices.
• Performs business and process analysis work in the Business Analysis unit of the Information Systems division.
• Works as a liaison between Information Systems and business partner to research, develop and implement strategic planning actions and policy decisions.
• Uses best practices in business analysis and process modeling to analyze, define and document business processes, work flows and system requirements. Works under the direction of the Business Analysis Manager with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Researches, develops and implements strategic planning actions and policy decisions and make recommendations concerning the direction of agency efforts.
• Prepares detailed requirement specifications, business process diagrams, charts, tables, reports and flowcharts.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and work flows. Analyzes and documents requests for Information Systems services to determine scope and order of magnitude.
• Coordinate end users, project management office and application development areas to determine the best solution to requests for services.
• Provide guidance to end users on devising procedures, applications and programs that effectively and efficiently achieve objectives. Elicit detailed requirements.
• Analyzes web applications and conducts web usability studies.
• Troubleshoots and solves problems relating to production systems, programs and business processes.
• Reviews and provides input to test plans.
• Identifies and resolves issues and risks associated with approved projects.
• Actively engages in business partner’s projects and processes as liaison.
• Provides operations support to business configurable applications.
**WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TRANSFERRING H1 B VISAS**
If you are interested in this position please contact me by sending your resume to
Please also include a desired pay rate, and a good time to call for a quick screening interview.
You may also register for this job at
PLEASE NOTE: No H1B or Corp-to-Corp for this requisition.
Be sure to visit www.itcareerlink.com for other opportunities!