AmeriFlex is an independent benefits administrator providing technology-based, consumer-driven benefits and compliance solutions. We serve thousands of clients representing more than 3.5 million participants nationwide. AmeriFlex has been recognized within the industry for our commitment to innovative technology and superior client service, and has been honored for the past seven consecutive years in Benefits Selling magazine's annual Readers' Choice Awards.
The Java Web Developer must be capable of solving computer related problems in a number of languages using a number of technologies. The primary purpose of this job is to maintain and enhance existing IT products, either off the shelf or home grown solutions. This position serves as both an interface for internal and external customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Core Competencies)
- Develop scripts and applications in numerous languages
- New development on enterprise wide projects
- Choose the appropriate tools to complete tasks
- Uphold the Mission Statement of AmeriFlex
- Daily monitoring of the IT supported applications and processes
- Provide point of contact for internal and external IT supported applications and processes
- Gather requirements from users and propose IT solutions based on knowledge of existing infrastructure
- Report challenges and work with a team to solve problems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess expert level SQL ability
- Possess 2-4 years of experience with either .Net or Java
- Exposure to the finance or healthcare industry a major plus
- Be able to read and understand advanced developer guides, and supporting third party products
- Understand the importance of documenting your processes, sharing ideas in a constructive way
- Have the ability to translate user needs, concerns from a users perspective, into actionable items for an IT developer
- Have proven ability to manage multiple priorities independently and simultaneously and maintain deadlines
- Be resourceful and results oriented; driven to achieve objectives
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Have the ability to gather and analyze information and communicate the findings
Developers must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- Either .Net or Java
- MVC Frameworks (Symfony is a plus)
- ASP.NET plus
- Python, PHP and/ or Ruby a plus
- Writing T-SQL or MySQL stored procedures
- Creating DTS packages in MS BIDS
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Three years experience building online applications; 2-3 years experience with object-oriented development.
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.