NOC I, II and III
The Hostway Corporation (www.hostway.com) is looking for NOC Technicians in our Austin Data Centers. The positions will include a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. Technicians are responsible for tasks ranging from building and imaging servers to supporting customers via phone and email support. Flexibility is must for candidates to deal with rotating schedule shifts, a variety of issue types and priorities, and dealing with daily operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Flexibility in work hours to cover a rotating schedule including evenings, overnights, and weekend shifts
• Professional and effective written and oral communication
• Ability to complete tasks in a group as well as individually
• Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
• Monitor and resolve or escalate received alerts
• Learning and working with new or unknown technologies on a constant basis
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with administrating or maintaining Windows and Linux operating systems. Advanced skills in one of the above is required
• Server hardware knowledge (hands-on experience a plus)
• Basic knowledge and/or experience with Windows or Linux server deployment
• College degree or at least one year of applicable work experience
• Networking knowledge and experience (ie routers, switches, networks, etc.)
• Firewall application and usage experience and knowledge (iptables and Cisco ASA experience a plus)
• Experience with database, mail, web servers, and associated services
• Windows Server 2003 and 2008 experience with IIS, MSSQL, etc.
• Linux Server experience with LAMP, MTA's, DNS servers, etc.
• Experience with web hosting control panels
• Experience and/or knowledge of virtualization technologies
• Experience with backup software
• Some scripting experience or knowledge
To be considered, email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email and reference number NOC041812EY. Please also include in your email: where you heard about this job, and your favorite video game / ice cream flavor.
Hostway offers a competitive salary and benefits including Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, retirement plan, and much more. Hostway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Hostway thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted