Front End Web Developer
Dovetail Software is hiring for a Front End Developer to come in and own our UI/UX platform. This is a great opportunity for you to be the front end “Subject Matter Expert” on the development team and have autonomy regarding technical tools used, experimenting with what’s new in the dev world and much more. This is 99% new development where you will be building out our new flagship product!
Dovetail Software started 1995 and is a very stable, privately funded software development company. Our employee tenure is outstanding and we believe in letting our developers express their technical prowess, experiment with new technologies and deliver amazing products for our enterprise level clients. We strongly believe in and support the open source community, and we want those with a similar mindset.
What you bring to the table:
- If you aren’t working with HTML5 and CSS3 you feel like you are working on legacy applications
- You love client-side MVC frameworks such as Backbone.js, Knockout.js, Underscore.js, etc. (we do!)
- When you go out to eat at a restaurant, you wonder why the menu isn’t presented in JSON
- You understand cross browser compatibility and testing in your development process
- You thrive in a fast paced work environment and get a rush from releasing a new build
- You contribute to the open source/technical community and stay up to date on the latest and greatest
- You understand why it is important to separate structure from presentation from behavior
- You don’t wonder what the difference is between a
and a (seriously, please!)
What we bring to the table:
- A role that’s 99% NEW development!
- A stable, profitable company with tight knit dev teams (around 3-5 per team)
- A company that fosters creativity, encourages technical innovation and believes in work life balance
- Empowerment of our developers to introduce new libraries, tools and techniques
- A TDD environment for the past 8 years (yes, we saw the benefits long before others)
- Excellent benefits including: 3 weeks vacation your first year, 10 paid holidays, 401k w/match, excellent medical/dental/vision and much more
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.