Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT) is seeking a Vice President of MIS to be responsible for setting strategic direction and execution for assigned MIS operations and development.
As Vice President of MIS you will focus on the following duties:
• Lead evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of hardware, software, including development and services that support the infrastructure for TMLT’s internal and member facing applications.
• Establish and execute long-term and tactical strategies, operational policies, key functional objectives, and mission accomplishment for MIS platforms.
• Direct acquisition and deployment strategies and assure highest levels of availability and reliability of MIS infrastructure while accommodating changes in business strategies and management objectives.
• Lead MIS department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and managing the allocation of resources.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of development principles, databases (SQL, Oracle), MS network (Exchange, Share Point and Active Directory), Cisco network (data and voice); understanding of network security.
• Proven experience in technology as a visionary leader with the ability to inspire teams to achieve organizational goals.
• Proven experiences implementing MIS operations in a fast paced, matrixed, growing environment.
• Basic knowledge of insurance practices and procedures preferred.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Information Systems along with 10+ years of overall MIS experience and five years in management positions.
TMLT is a unique, not-for-profit health care liability claim trust owned by its physician policyholders. The Trust has a long record of providing quality coverage at responsible prices. Created in 1979, TMLT has grown to be the largest and most respected medical liability provider in the state, protecting more than 15,000 Texas physicians.
TMLT is the most respected and preferred provider of medical professional liability coverage and related products in Texas. Through the efforts of our team of qualified professionals and physician insureds, we sustain TMLT’s premier position in quality of coverage, service, market share, and financial integrity. Our purpose is to make a positive impact on the quality of health care for Texans by educating, protecting, and defending physicians. We provide peace of mind to our policyholders and a supportive work environment for our team members. Our mission is to be on the leading edge of industry change to provide a standard of coverage and service by which all others are compared.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid medical/dental insurance, travel expense reimbursement, pension and 401(K) plans. If you are looking for a challenging position as a team member in a professional environment, send your resume and salary history/requirements to email@example.com.