Pluck is the world’s first Social Application Server and offers the only white-label social media platform broad enough to power communities for “top 20” brands, retailers, and publishers. Through native reviews, ratings, comments, photos, videos, gamification, and moderation capabilities, plus SDKs in 6 languages, we make possible unique and mission-critical implementations for businesses like Target, Nike, the NFL, AARP, Mattel, Nestle, NPR, Kraft, Whole Foods… and the list goes on and on.
We work in a lighthearted, collaborative environment that is diverse, open-minded, “intrapreneurial”, and above all, agile. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. Plus, you’ll get to work in the lovely SoCo neighborhood of Austin, at our offices in the former Austin Opera House, Willie Nelson’s old music venue. (Yes, we still have the stage.) Lunch at Threadgill’s, Doc’s Motorworks, Home Slice, or any of a dozen funky food trailers could be a daily event for you.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented UI Engineer to join the team that makes Pluck go. The perfect candidate can build great UIs but is comfortable working on the server-side/back-end as well.
• Build highly usable, engaging and efficient UIs
• Translate mockups into fully functioning web-pages
• Write, unit test, debug, and troubleshoot critical online software applications
• Work on a small team of highly motivated programmers and testers to develop and iterate software components
• Work with the product organization to help define features
• Develop new and modify existing functionality to fulfill feature requirements
• Work to improve the efficiency and functionality of existing software solutions
• Research new technologies and incorporate them into new and existing systems and products
• 4+ years of professional software development experience developing Web applications, primarily UI, but with some server-side/back-end experience
• UI/Usability Expert
• Experience with SEO practices
• Experience with Object Oriented Programming
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or MIS or commensurate experience
• Graphic design skills and tools experience
• Familiarity with Responsive Web Design
• Knowledge of Python
• Experience in .NET and C# or other server-side languages such as Java or Ruby
• Experience with Distributed Systems
• Experience developing high-performance, high-scale Software-as-a-Service
• Experience with Data Analytics, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
Strong references are required. This job is based in Austin, Texas.
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared.