Demand Media is currently looking for a Technical Consultant to join our Austin, TX-based Professional Services team, deploying social media applications at some of the world’s biggest brand and media companies. This person would be responsible for the successful implementation of Pluck products from the initial pilot to full customer production rollout. In this capacity he/she will be an expert in Pluck application functionality, technology and implementation methodology in order to provide customers with a combination of technical consulting and solution architecture expertise. As a member of the Professional Services team, the Technical Consultant will also be responsible for 100% customer satisfaction and success with Pluck software.
• Customer-facing participation during integration of enterprise-class Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
• Hands-on implementation, configuration, and development guidance
• Technical customization of systems, data migration, client-side and server-side development guidance, and integrations with third-party systems
• Working with customers to define technical design requirements
• Consulting with customers on solution best practices and providing technical guidance
• Developing custom code to extend or integrate systems as needed to meet customer requirements
• Developing on time, on budget and in scope business solutions for customers
• 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role as a hands-on solutions engineer or equivalent
• Outstanding problem solving skills with attention to detail and ability to think creatively about issues in order to find resolution
• Familiarity with the following: C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio, IIS and Web-based APIs strongly preferred
• Familiarity with Java, PHP and other server-side languages a plus
• Mobile development on iOS or Android a plus
• A hands-on approach for the architecting and deployment of product
• Strong customer-facing skills and solid communication skills – both written and verbal
• Ability to travel to customer locations up to 30% nationwide
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in industry in a programming or software development function
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a collection of vertical web properties, a global network of digital partners that drive more than 1 billion page views per month, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share.
Pluck is an award-winning (e.g. Forrester 5 star rated) integrated community platform. More than 500 of the world’s best brands (AARP, Crayola, Kraft, Mattel, Nestle, NFL, NPR, Target, Whole Foods, etc.) use Pluck on their owned media assets (website, mobile, Facebook, etc.) to drive engagement, advocacy, conversions and insights. With 14 packaged applications, 10 core engines and a robust set of management tools, the Pluck SaaS solution offers unparalleled breadth, flexibility and performance.