Our platform is the social media engine for some of the biggest internet websites and must scale and perform to meet their growing demand with excellent reliability and service, and we are adding new customers and websites all the time. If you want to help us take it to the next level and beyond -- turning it up to eleven! -- we want to hear from you.
• Manage and grow the hardware and software infrastructure that runs our high-volume, high-availability SaaS solution Quickly troubleshoot and resolve network, hardware and software issues and performance
• Document operational procedures
• Research, design and implement solutions for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, capacity optimization, and configuration management of applications.
• Proactively stay abreast of the latest Demand Media products and their underlying technologies.
• Maintain knowledge of the application and its architecture
• Interface with Development teams to resolve application issues
• Maintain a high degree of involvement with Infrastructure teams regarding application needs or repercussions of infrastructure changes
• Provide off-hours operational support on a rotating schedule
• Manage your own workflow and priorities based on departmental and organizational priorities. Complete work with minimal supervision
• Follow industry trends and developments to provide new ideas and recommendations on processes and products
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years in a technical role involving web application operations, preferably in a 24x7x365 production environment
• Experience with MS Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and IIS with .NET Framework
• Windows and Linux operating systems administration experience. Familiar with high availability configurations, security and patch management, and managing large numbers of Windows and Linux servers
• Knowledge of Internet network concepts, protocols and associated services (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP/SFTP, SCP, DNS, rsync, nmap, nc)
• Understanding of Load Balancing, clustering, and web caching technologies such as CDN and memcached
• Experience using, installing and administering the following software packages: Linux (CentOS/Redhat), Apache, MySQL, rpm/yum and PHP
• Basic scripting ability in one or more of the following languages: DOS batch, VB, Perl, sh, Powershell, Ruby
• Experience using version control and issue tracking systems
• Strong organizational habits and time management
• Excellent customer service skills for interaction with Infrastructure and Technical Support teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Demand Media’s Social Solutions delivers a leading social media technology platform to brands, retailers and publishers. Our SaaS solution provides engaging online experiences to more than 100 million people each month, and our integrated social media solutions drive website traffic, create and nurture brand advocates, and increase revenue for over 350 leading brands, retailers and publishers. Join the company that is redefining the social media landscape! As a member of the Demand Media family, you can build a career, learn and demonstrate leadership, excel with a group of smart and motivated individuals and collaborate with revolutionary leaders in Social Media.